(Includes paddle cleaner & paddle cover)
GRUVN's RAW-16X (eXtended shape) is a high-quality, mid-weight pickleball paddle featuring a premium T700 raw carbon fiber surface and an elongated shape. It is approved by USA Pickleball (USAPA) for tournament play. Raw carbon fiber paddles provide a grainy textured surface that allows for a lot of spin and enhances control. The combination of this paddle’s raw surface and the thick 16mm core results in a strong, stable paddle with consistent and accurate shots and more control.
The long paddle length of 16.5” extends players’ reach and the 5.5” handle length allows for powerful two-handed backhands. The slightly smaller surface width of 7.375” gives players an aerodynamic feel and great hand speed, and the weight of ~7.9 ounces provides stability and balance for all aspects of the game, including plays at the net and returning hard shots.
Lots Of Spin!!
This paddle can provide a ton of spin! STS Pickleball's testing recorded an average spin rate of 2032 RPM. Pickleball Journey's testing recorded the average spin rate at a very high 2028 RPM and the average power at 54.9 MPH. If you want spin, this paddle is a top tier spin paddle.
The RAW-16X has a 16mm thick polypropylene honeycomb core designed to evenly react to the force of impact and provide precision control, while also absorbing vibration and noise. Many facilities and clubs ban loud paddles that include other core materials, so the RAW-16X is perfect for people who play in residential communities and in clubs and facilities that require quieter paddles. Polypropylene is the most popular core among pickleball players.
The 3D perforated cushion grip is made of double-layer two-color hand grips. The inner layer is made of sweat-absorbing sponge and the outer layer is made of PU material and uses big air hole design. The grip is very comfortable and the anti-slip and sweat-absorbing effect is of the highest quality.
This paddle has a green edge guard and also comes with a zippered neoprene cover with the GRÜVN logo to protect the pickleball paddle when not in play ($15 value!).
What is the difference between the RAW-16X ,RAW-16H, and RAW-16E elongated paddles?
These paddles all have an overall paddle length of 16.5" and a width of 7.375", but the differences are the handle length and face length. The shorter the handle length, the longer the face. The RAW-16H has the longest handle length at 5.875", the RAW-16E has the shortest handle length at 4.75", and the RAW-16X is in the middle with a handle length of 5.5". The RAW-16E has more control, the RAW-16H has more power, and the RAW-16X is in between. The RAW-16H also has a slightly thicker handle because of its length. For players with small hands this may not be a good fit, although the RAW-13H paddle has a slightly thinner grip size than the RAW-16H (13mm core paddles have more power and a bit less control).
Paddle Cleaner Included
• Each RAW paddle will come with a GRUVN paddle cleaner, which is a stick of rubber that is 2.5” x 2” x 1” in size, This is for carbon fiber paddles only (not graphite or composite paddles). Rub it on your paddle surface to keep it clean and also maximize the spin. It isn't pretty, but your paddle will be after using it :)
** PADDLE CARE – IMPORTANT **
Your paddle can become damaged from extreme temperatures. Extreme cold temperatures will cause the core and hitting surface to become brittle and crack. Extreme high temperatures will soften the core and hitting surface and can cause delamination. This occurs when the hitting surface separates from the core. Dead spots and other issues will arise from this. Do not leave your paddle out in the sun on a hot day, be sure to cover it from the heat or it can be damaged. Do not leave your paddle in your vehicle during the summer or winter.
(Different computer monitors and mobile phones display colors differently, so the color of your paddle may vary slightly from the representation on your screen)
Paddle Length: 16.5”/ 419.1mm
Face Width: 7.375”/ 187.3mm
Handle Length: 5.5”/ 14cm
Grip Size Circumference: 4.375”/11.1cm
Grip: 3D Perforated Cushion Grip
Weight: Average weight of 7.9 oz (+ or - 0.25 oz)/0.49-0.51 lbs/221-230g
Face/Paddle Surface: T700 Raw Carbon Fiber
Paddle Shape: Elongated
Core Material: Polypropylene Honeycomb
Core Thickness: 16mm/0.63”
Honeycomb Cell Size: 8mm/0.3”
Edge Guard: Green
Swing Weight: 118
USAPA approved for sanctioned tournament play
(Ships within 24 hours on regular business days)
US: 2-5 days ($5USD shipping flat rate)
Canada: 7-10 days ($8USD shipping flat rate)
International: 7-10 days ($9USD shipping flat rate)
• GRUVN pickleball paddles are guaranteed to be free of manufacturing defects for a period of 3 months from the date of purchase. If found to be defective, a repair or replacement will be issued.
• GRUVN's paddle warranty only covers manufacturing defects. If there is no manufacturing defect, the only reason you can get your paddle returned is if you ordered the wrong paddle, you can receive a replacement paddle from GRUVN.co. The original paddle must be unused and in its original packaging to be returned. GRUVN must be notified about any wrong order within 48 hours of the customer receiving the paddle. Any price difference in the paddle exchange will need to be resolved before the replacement paddle is sent. Otherwise, if there is no manufacturing defect, the paddle(s) received will not be refunded or returned.
• This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, or damages caused by abuse or negligence, including grip, edge guard, face and core materials. It also does not cover user modification, fading or scratched surfaces, or hitting other objects other than the ball (like the ground or other paddles),
• The GRUVN Product warranty also does not transfer in the situation that a GRUVN Product transfers ownership. This applies to 3rd party resellers like eBay.
• Other restrictions may apply